Available for preorder now: My first kids' book with Erin Williams, and what might be my favorite project I've ever worked on. It was written during lockdown, while all of us watched our children struggling with anxiety. I've dealt with (clinically diagnosed) anxiety for years - as readers of The Big Activity Book for Anxious People and anyone with even a passing familiarity with this site know - and have discovered that, for me, the best ways to cope with anxious feelings are to 1) Talk about them, right out loud, and 2) Find the humor in them, when you can. Which is precisely what The Everybody Gets Anxious Activity Book aims to teach kids - while absolutely never making them feel like they're being *taught* anything, because hello: Activity books are supposed to be fun!
• How to Calm Down When You're Freaking Out! (It's easier than it sounds.)
• Word Search: Stuff Literally Everybody Does (Even if you think you're the only one.)
• Unscramble the Easy Fixes for Everyday Problems! (Sometimes the answer is right in front of you!)
• Design Your Own Emoji That Perfectly Expresses How You’re Feeling Right Now
• Draw Faces On Underwater Creatures, Who Are Feeling Lots of Things (They're in their deep-sea feels.)
I'm excited about this because it's a book I would like to have had, and I'm so glad that my kids (and yours) get to have it now. With this project, as always, I am so grateful for your support.