JORDAN’S 10-MINUTE SPAGHETTI “BOLOGNESE” (I put this in quotation marks because while “bolognese” refers to a meat-based sauce, real bolognese sauces use relatively little tomato…and this one uses Newman’s Own. The people of Bologna would probably not want to claim responsibility.)
What you need:
1/2 large onion, diced
3 minced garlic cloves
1 package lean ground beef (the leaner the better)
Sea salt & fresh ground pepper
1 jar Prego tomato sauce (or whatever brand you prefer; I also like Newman’s Own)
1 package spaghetti
What you do:
1. Cook spaghetti in salted boiling water according to package instructions.
2. In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, cook the onion and garlic in about 2tbsp olive oil until onions are just about translucent.
3. Add ground meat to pan with a shake or two of garlic salt and stir constantly until meat is cooked through.
4. Add tomato sauce to pan and simmer until warmed through. Season w/ salt & pepper to taste.
5. Serve with a little parmesan cheese, if desired.
6. Make happy face, as pictured above.
Watch the video here.