Community

Community

Wedding Vows Are In The Air

By Samara O'Shea

Jordan has been kind enough to let me use the community space to shamelessly promote the new feature on my website: wedding-vow writing. I’ve been writing letters on behalf of other people for five years now (yes, people really do ask me to write letters for them), and this seemed like a logical progression.

Earlier this year my friend Dana, who works at Brides magazine, invited me to participate in an event the magazine was having. My original purpose was to advise brides-to-be on writing what Dana and I call “The Last Letter,” which is the letter the bride (or groom) writes to the groom (or bride) the night before the wedding. More details here.

Then one of Dana’s co-workers suggested I also be the wedding-vow expert at the event. I felt completely qualified because wedding vows are pretty much  glorified love letters read in front of family and friends, and I have a lot of experience writing love letters. That got me thinking I really should write wedding vows—I’m sure they’re needed more often than letters. After a few months of procrastinating, I got my act together and the new service is up and running. Stop by if you have a moment, and pass the word along to all the soon-to-be-married people you know.