When I was in elementary school, I was always setting up little stands in our building’s lobby to sell homemade lip balms, customized friendship bracelets and such – and I was one of only maybe six kids in the entire building, so I actually made out like quite the bandit during these entrepreneurial ventures. (My “lip balms” were made by mixing Fuzzy Peach-scented Body Shop bath oil capsules into my mom’s leftover Vaseline and throwing in some food coloring, so mayyyyybe not…oh, I don’t know, especially safe to put on your mouth. But I was seven, so I assume liability was less of an issue than it might be nowadays.)
Apparently the desire to make giftable crafts stuck around, because I had wayyy too much fun making these solid perfumes – and they’re a really cute last-minute gift idea for kids to make for friends and relatives (so long as you help them with the stove-inclusive part; let’s please not burn any tiny fingers in the process of giftable craft-making). They’re also 100% free of Fuzzy Peach-smelling chemical pods, hooray!
Note: You can choose whatever essential oils you want, and can combine them as you will to customize your scent – just make sure that the number of drops you use ends up totaling 30. (I was thinking about Tocca Bianca when I made this, so I went for a combo of lavender and lemon, leaning more heavily on the lavender.)
DIY JOJOBA OIL SOLID PERFUME
What You Need:
- 2 tbsp beeswax pellets
- 2 tbsp Sky Organics Jojoba oil (which has bazillions of uses, and should probably be hanging out in your cabinet anyway)
- 30 drops essential oil(s)
- Small container (an empty mint tin works perfectly)
What You Do:
- In a double boiler, combine beeswax pellets and Jojoba oil, and stir until melted.
- Add 30 drops of essential oil(s), and pour immediately into your container to harden.