Skincare From A Supermodel
Please look at Christie Brinkley.
I mean, seriously.
So the primary question I have about Christie Brinkley’s skincare line is why it took her so long to develop one. Maybe she wanted to walk around as a living example of the spectacularness of whatever it is that she’s been doing to her face a little longer? (No real need; she convinced me that I should do whatever it is that she tells me to do about ten years ago.)
Regardless: she has one now. I had the opportunity to preview Christie Brinkley Authentic Skincare, and it’s simple and thoughtfully created, with an eye towards cutting out the frills and focusing on the elements that really make a difference.
Over the past couple of years, I’ve been really noticing the effects of the sun damage I subjected myself to over the past three decades (and most substantially in my twenties, when I did a lot of laying out in the California sunshine with no sunscreen on) – sun spots are starting to show along my hairline, and there’s a new dark spot on my cheek that I’m not thrilled about. Because it’s not only not especially pretty; it’s scary.
I get it now, and I want to make sure you get it, too.
When it comes to skincare, sun protection is everything.
Christie Brinkley Authentic Skincare is centered around this idea, and contains products that are formulated to defend against Infrared damage (most creams only defend against UVA and UVB rays, which represent only 7% of the sun’s rays that reach us). It’s not just “full-spectrum sun protection,” which you can find in lots of products…it’s better than full-spectrum sun protection.
- Recapture 260 Night Anti-Aging Treatment: A night cream designed to improve firmness and elasticity and reduce fine wrinkles.
- Complete Clarity Daily Facial Exfoliating Polish: A creamy scrub that exfoliates skin while adding moisture.
- Refocus Eye + IR Defense Serum Infusion Eye Treatment: A treatment that instantly brightens and firms the skin under and around the eyes while protecting against Infrared damage.
- Uplift + IR Defense Firming Neck & Décolleté Treatment: A cream that tightens the delicate neck and décolleté area while upping collagen and elastin production and protecting against the sun’s rays.
- Complete Clarity Facial Cleansing Wash: A foaming gel cleanser that’s gentle on skin (it works for every skin type) but still powerful enough to remove makeup and impurities.
My personal favorite products are the Exfoliating Polish, which is creamier and more moisturizing than many other exfoliating products I’ve tried, making it a good pick for those with dry skin, and the Neck & Décolleté Treatment, which is light and non-greasy but specifically works to protect an area that’s especially vulnerable to sun damage (and one that often goes unprotected).
Christie Brinkley Authentic Skincare debuts on HSN this week, and you can pick up Christie’s personal beauty regimen – the Anti-Aging Day Cream, Anti-Aging Night Treatment and Complete Clarity Daily Facial Exfoliating Polish – for just $69.
This post was created in collaboration with Christie Brinkley Authentic Skincare.