Another dish I brought to last night’s potluck: Banana-Nutella Bread (which is the best thing ever, and I seriously insist you try making it if you like bananas and Nutella, which…you probably do. Because you’re human).
What you need:
2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/4 cups mashed ripe banana
1/3 cup whole milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup Nutella
What you do:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 8×4-inch loaf pan with nonstick spray.
2. In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking soda & salt.
3. In another large bowl, beat sugar and butter until blended. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
4. Add banana, milk and vanilla, and beat until blended.
5. Gradually add flour mixture, beating constantly until blended (don’t over-mix).
6. Spoon Nutella into a small dish and soften in the microwave for about 15 seconds, if necessary. Add 1/2 cup of the banana bread batter to the Nutella and stir until blended.
7. Spoon Nutella batter alternately with plain banana bread batter into the prepared pan. Swirl batters together with a knife.
8. Bake for 60 minutes. Cool for at least 15 minutes in the pan, and then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
P.S. I’ve posted this recipe before, but tweaked it a little over time – I recommend you use this version for best results.