How do I know this?
1. I’m wandering around the house wrapped up in a cashmere shawl, because I’m freezing and have decided that a cashmere shawl is a prettier alternative to my usual I’m-freezing attire, which is Kendrick’s seriously ugly plaid shirt (and you know how hard it is for me to find a plaid shirt that I don’t think is lovely beyond words).
2. The slow-cooker is back out. On the menu tonight: Pot Roast.
1. Rub your roast (I went for just over 2lbs of boneless beef chuck roast) with olive oil, season salt and garlic powder, and brown on all sides in a heavy-bottomed pan (a couple of minutes per side).
2. Peel and quarter 2 onions, and put them into your slow cooker along with a bag of baby carrots.
3. Place the meat on top of the vegetables, turn the slow-cooker to low, and leave it sitting there all day long (8 hours should do it).
Suggested side dishes: Mashed potatoes and roasted brussels sprouts.