It’s that time again!
By which I mean Sugared Cranberry Time. Making a few batches of these is a holiday tradition for me, because they’re easy, they’re delicious, and the potential uses are endless (see below).
What you need:
1 bag cranberries
2 cups granulated sugar
2 cups superfine sugar
What you do:
1. Boil 2 cups water in a saucepan. Add granulated sugar and stir over med-low heat until totally dissolved.
2. Pour sugar water into large bowl; add cranberries and cover with foil. Leave to sit overnight (or at least 8 hours) in refrigerator.
3. Strain cranberries and pour into another large bowl. Add superfine sugar and toss until cranberries are thoroughly coated.
4. Pour cranberries into a large, shallow baking dish or cookie sheet and leave to dry (this can take up to a few hours).
Ways to use ’em:
– During a party, instead of those expensive nut mixes (place them in little bowls around your apartment)
– On top of cookies, pies, and cakes
– As a little add-on to a present (just tie a small bag to the wrapping paper using a ribbon)
– As party favors (place them in little bags or jars and set them in a bowl by the door, or on each guest’s plate)
(I’m reposting this very old BetterTV video because a few of you have emailed me about getting errors when you search for older posts – my apologies. The links in some of my older posts don’t work because they direct you to a site – my old Tumblr site – that no longer exists. I’m slowly making my way through fixing all of them, but in the meantime if there’s anything you can’t find, just go ahead and shoot me an email and I’ll point you in the right direction!)