Q. Hi Jordan,
I was just asked to be a godmother, and was wondering if you had any cute gift ideas for the baptism?
A. When it comes to baby gifts, I think that personalization is the way to go, and a touch of luxury is always exciting (you’re the godmother! Practicality isn’t your job).
– Jewelry (you can find items in just about every price range on Etsy): you can either get them something for now (maybe an anklet?) or something for later (like a little set of birthday-gemstone pierced earrings)…or something for much later (like a Tiffany lima bean or heart necklace).
– If you knit and have a little time on your hands, how about a baby blanket? You can embroider his/her name or a little design on it, too – click here for some embroidery patterns.
– If you don’t knit, this cashmere cable-knit Restoration Hardware Baby & Child blanket (above, $149) is beautiful (and there are lots more affordable blanket options on RH).
– Vintage wall letters spelling out the baby’s name or initials (you can find mismatched ones at antique stores or on Etsy).
– Handmade stool (I love the one Kendrick’s dad made for him when he was a baby, pictured above).
– This, because it is so cute.
Hope that helps! Have fun with the new baby :).