You can’t screw it up.
UNSCREWUPABLE APPLE PIE
What you need:
4-5 cups apples, peeled and thinly sliced (I use a variety of kinds plucked from my list of the best apples for baking)
3/4 cup sugar (1/2 white, 1/2 brown)
3 tbsp flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp butter
1 unbaked deep-dish pie crust
1 rolled-out, unbaked pie crust (or you can buy two of these and fit one into a pie dish, leaving the other flat for fitting over the top of the pie)
What you do:
1. Preheat oven to 425F.
2. In a large bowl, use your hands to mix the sugar, flour, and spices lightly through the apples.
3. Place the apple mixture into the unbaked deep-dish pie shell, and dot the butter in a few spots over the top.
4. Place the rolled-out pie crust over the top of the apples, and press down to secure to edge of deep-dish pie crust. Gently remove any excess crust, and crimp the edges with your fingers.
5. Stab a few holes in the top of the pie using a fork, and place on a foil-lined baking sheet.
6. Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until golden brown.
Watch the video here.